Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 3 (Bella)

Yesterday was a pretty successful day I would say; I think Brendan and I are both starting to get along with our bodies again. That sounds creepy. I mean that our bodies don't hate us as much anymore for this raw shiz we're doing to them.

Anyway, yesterday was the best breakfast we've had as of yet. It was the same breakfast we had the first day, plus coconut and chia seeds. We didn't have any more almond milk, which was a-ok because after a few days of soaking the concoction it was kind of gelatinous. Which sounds gross, but it was really good. the end.

For lunch I went to TDR and got a huge salad and a bunch of hummus to take home and make a sandwich with the sprouted bread we bought the other day. I came back to the dorm to eat it and decided to eat the sandwich first. Then, something miraculous happened... I couldn't finish everything on my plate. Halfway through my hummus sandwich, I became so full that I couldn't finish it nor the salad. This literally never happens to me. I'm guessing my stomach is shrinking, which is not really why I'm doing this whole raw thing but was a pretty nice bonus if I do say so myself.

For dinner I went to TDR again and caved a little bit. For the first time that I've seen, the cafeteria had an entire station filled with cups for yogurt parfaits. Literally the downfall of my life. So I had some peach yogurt (not raw, but it's all good) with raspberries and blueberries. YUM. Oh, and lots of pineapple and watermelon. Not very many veggies, but I'll try to make up for it today.

Oh, final thing. To reward myself for being mostly raw, I went to the student run cafe (The Dav) and had the BEST chai tea latte (with soy milk, meh.) I have ever had. In my life. Spiced chai is ze shit.

On to today... this morning Brendan and I were both lazy so we had apples and almond butter (which is so good, by the way) and a few bites of the first day's breakfast, which was definitely not as good as yesterday's. Then we went to English class, and now we're chillin. It's interesting because I don't feel like complete and utter shit right now. Besides being hungry, which is something that I'm actually getting used to, I'm feelin pretty good! Psyched for my juicer to come in, which should be within the next few days. Then 6 floor Hughes will turn into Smoothies R Us. SWEET. SICK. RAW. Okay, turning it over to Brendan. peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment