Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 5 (Brendan)

Yesterday was hard. Really hard. I wanted pizza. I wanted an ice cream sundae. I wanted fudge on the previously mentioned sundae. Yet I refrained (Brendan here again obviously). For breakfast we had raw porridge again with banana (yum).

For lunch I had hummus and for dinner I had 2 enormous salads with lettuce, spinach, carrots, black beans, red peppers, cucumbers, a small piece of chicken, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. A big reason why this diet is so hard is because of the quality of vegetables that I have available. Normally I would have been totally content with 2 salads but TDR's lettuce is dead and limp, their spinach had weird clear granules on it, and the overall taste of the vegetables is far from fresh. Yesterday morning was also the first time me and Bella used the juicer! Sounds exciting but the oranges we used were spoiled so we threw all the juice away and the watermelon juice was nasty because we juiced the rind with it. I also made myself a little snack last night that was awesome.I took a piece of the sprouted bread we have and covered it with raw almond butter and apple slices. It was delicious. It was amazing. This raw almond butter is my jam. I've gone through so much in this short amount of time. I'm nearly out which is heartbreaking since it has become such a staple of my diet.

Being raw is extremely hard. I feel it getting harder as school work starts to come up and other obligations begin to stockpile. I don't know how feasible doing this at college is going to be. I love doing it and it's extremely fun but it's expensive, time consuming, and difficult to be persistent with. I really hope we can keep it up. I'll talk to Bella tonight about strategies and other things we can eat. That's all for now. I'll post about today after Bella does her post.


Also quick side note. Those wheat berries we were sprouting to make Rejuvelac went bad. I was rinsing them last night and nearly threw up at their smell and feel. I pooped one open and they were filled with what looked like moldy elmers glue. I was nauseous for hours after being in contact with them and promptly dumped them right into the garbage. RAW 4 LYFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment